Music app stops immediately after first lollipop update?

A

AC Question

Music app crashes immediately after opening the app. The auto off option is off within the app. Restart the app can play a song or 2 but then the message "Unfortunately, the Music app has stopped." pops up again. I restart my phone and the problem still occurs. I have a Galaxy s5.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Music app crashes immediately after opening the app. The auto off option is off within the app. Restart the app can play a song or 2 but then the message "Unfortunately, the Music app has stopped." pops up again. I restart my phone and the problem still occurs. I have a Galaxy s5.

Welcome to Android Central!

You can try reseting the app by going to settings, application manager, all apps, scroll down until you see the music app, and hit clear data. Give that a try and see if that fixes it.

Current devices: T-Mobile Galaxy S6, Surface Pro 3 Core I5, Nexus 9, and Moto 360

Past Devices - Phones: Galaxy Note 4, Nexus 6, Nexus 5, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus S, Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S5, Galaxy S4, Galaxy S3, Galaxy S2, HTC Incredible, HTC EVO 4G, HTC EVO, HTC Hero, Motorola Photon.

Tablets: Nexus 7 (2013), Nexus 7 (2012), Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 Windows 8.1, Dell Venue 8, Galaxy Tab Pro, Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition, Galaxy Note 10.1, Galaxy Note 8, Kindle Fire HD 8.4, Kindle Fire HD 7, Kindle Fire, iPad 2, iPad 1, Nook HD, Nook.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke