How can I get KitKat back on my Sony Xperia Z3 Compact?

A

AC Question

Hello,

I upgraded to Lollipop but I really want to get Kitkat back. Can someone tell me how I can do that? I can only find guides for other phones or very difficult ones, and I'm not that good with doing things like this because it is the first time. Maybe with a clear guide I can make it work.

I hope someone can help me with it.

(If there is someone on this forum who speaks Dutch to explain me how to go back to Kitkat, that would be even better... ;-) )

Thank you!

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I upgraded to Lollipop but I really want to get Kitkat back. Can someone tell me how I can do that? I can only find guides for other phones or very difficult ones, and I'm not that good with doing things like this because it is the first time. Maybe with a clear guide I can make it work.

I hope someone can help me with it.

(If there is someone on this forum who speaks Dutch to explain me how to go back to Kitkat, that would be even better... ;-) )

Thank you!

Welcome to Android Central!

Unfortunately there are no "easy" ways to flash back to KitKat. You would need to find a factory image for you phone and more than likely install a custom recovery on your phone. Looking at other forums it seems like a good amount of work. What about Lollipop do you not like?

George83

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi. I got the same problem on my xperia z3. I can't get used to the lollipop. I hate it. I just want kitkat 4.4.4 ( sony build) back. It was more elegant.

I'm really planing to sell my new xperia z3 in case i can't get back the "sony" kitkat version. I just hate lollipop.

The problem here is that I could find many vedios explaining how to downgrade other mobiles to kitkat 4.4.4, But all of them is explaining how to get back to the original build of kitkat released by manufacturer and not the elegent "sony build" kitkat 4.4.4.

My lollipop now is: 5.0.2
Build number: 23.1.A.0.690

Xperia Z3: kitkat 4.4.4
Version: 10.5.A.0.292 ( not sure of the version but this exist on my xperia z)

Many thanks in advanced.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon