Why won't my downloaded movies play?

A

AC Question

Downloaded movies just won't play

I'm trying to watch movies that I have redeemed via Disney's digital HD, but it's just not working out for me. I have the Disney Anywhere app, and even after downloading the movie to my device, whenever I choose to play the movie it just loads forever. I seriously had it on overnight and the next morning it was still loading.

Whenever I would try to back out it would say that the Google Play Movies & TV app wasn't responding, and if I want to close it. Thinking that to be the culprit, I tried to open that app. At first I couldn't even get it to open. I uninstalled and re-installed it, and now it will at least open.

Now I can open the Movies & TV app, and had the ability to download my movie there, so I did. After waiting for it to download I tried to play it from there, but with the same result. Just loads forever, and if I try to back out after waiting a while, the app crashes.

TL;DR Downloaded movies don't play, just load forever and crash the app. What gives?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Downloaded movies just won't play

Welcome to Android Central! Which device? Does a reboot help at all?

Try going to Settings>Apps, select Disney Anywhere, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Do the same for Download Manager. Now try again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20