I have an Alcatel pop 7s tablet and when I try downloading data it displays a warning stating that I've "insufficient memory" dispite having a fresh memory card mounted. I've tried numerous memory cards (that have worked in other devices) I've formatted the memory cards. I also have a small symbol of a memory card with an exclamation mark within it constantly in the top left corner of the screen.
    If anyone can lend their expertise or advice I'd be most grateful... Hell I'd settle for a wild stab in the dark.
    04-05-2015 11:29 AM
    Sorry the card with the exclamation mark in it is for my lack of a simcard... I don't intend on getting one.
    04-05-2015 11:48 AM
    Downloads go to the /Download folder, unless the app you're using to do the download is specifically set to download only to the external card (most apps work like Windows and download to temporary storage [which in Android is internal and in Windows is deep in the folder tree starting at the folder named in the TEMP system variable] then move the file to the location you have it set to download to).

Downloading directly to the external card would require a change in vold.fstab (at least) to remount the external card as Android's userdata partition. (Then you could mount the old userdata partition as some kind of storage, or you'd just lose that much space.)
    04-05-2015 01:06 PM