First off. I am totally a novice and for the most part have no idea about cell phones. however I do know my way around pc( mac)
    Now the problem, I recently purchased a used HTC one m8 and noticed I cannot receive updates on the cell.. I chatted with HTC online, gave my phones info and they told me it was due to my phone's unloader being unlocked and rooted..
    I have no idea what this means or what needs to be done to fix it.. I just know i should have updates of new software on my phone which i do not.. How do i fix this or should i just resell it to someone who knows what the phones all about.. Besides being rooted as they say, the phone works wonderful , I just would like the newer updates which has more camera options..
    04-05-2015 07:21 PM
    First off. I am totally a novice and for the most part have no idea about cell phones. however I do know my way around pc( mac)
    Now the problem, I recently purchased a used HTC one m8 and noticed I cannot receive updates on the cell.. I chatted with HTC online, gave my phones info and they told me it was due to my phone's unloader being unlocked and rooted..
    I have no idea what this means or what needs to be done to fix it.. I just know i should have updates of new software on my phone which i do not.. How do i fix this or should i just resell it to someone who knows what the phones all about.. Besides being rooted as they say, the phone works wonderful , I just would like the newer updates which has more camera options..
    Welcome to Android Central!

Follow the directions below on how to lock your bootloader. Once you are locked you should be able to flash the stock firmware.

[how to] lock/unlock your bootloader without… | HTC One (M8) | XDA Forums
    04-07-2015 11:21 AM