HTC one x plus vs moto g (2013)

Ankit Jose

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
As the name suggests, can u guys tell me which phone is better for gaming? I'm getting the x plus from a friend who got it from a friend. The phone is kinda old but it works. I just wanna know which 1 should I make my primary gaming device? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
In this comparison, they seem relatively comparable: How to Disable and Block OTA Update on Rooted Samsung Galaxy S5 - Androidayos. The Moto G might have a better screen, since it's IPS vs the HTC's super LCD. The Snapdragon 400 and the Tegra 3 are probably about the same, although some games are optimized for the Tegra's capabilities.

The deciding factor might be how much available Internal Storage each phone has, since games these days are getting bigger and bigger. The Moto G has 8 GB of Internal Storage, of which about 3 GB are taken up by the OS and preinstalled apps, so it should have around 5 GB of usable storage. The One X+ has either 32 GB or 64 GB of internal storage, but it's important to see if that is all usable for app installation. Since it's an older phone, I suspect they might partition that storage into a smaller App Storage partition (where apps can be installed) and a larger "Internal SD" partition (where apps can't be installed--it acts like an external SD card).

EDIT: Found this information about the One X from AT&T: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...2Fuserguide%2Fhtc-one-x-att%2F&token=OL_bqN05. As I suspected, it mentions that the Internal Storage is partitioned into a very small App Storage partition (only 1 GB), while the rest of Internal Storage becomes an Internal SD. This will not be good for big games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke