Is Gmail [phone number removed by Moderator] UK Gmail Phone Number Technical Support Number Helpline Number?
    04-06-2015 12:58 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Very unlikely. If you do a search for that number, you get lots of posts asking if that number is the tech support number for various other services, like Yahoo Mail or AVG: https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...6-8676&es_th=1. So this is likely a scam. Where did you hear about this number?
    belodion likes this.
    04-06-2015 02:18 AM
    I apologise for being the unwitting cause of the number being removed from the post. It was a UK 0800 number if I recall, which is free, at least from landlines.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-06-2015 04:35 PM
    I apologise for being the unwitting cause of the number being removed from the post. It was a UK 0800 number if I recall, which is free, at least from landlines.

Posted via the Android Central App
    No worries. Anyone who is interested in seeing that number can click on the link in my previous post, which is a Google search for that number. It brings up the same number in multiple entries, purporting to be customer support for Gmail, Yahoo Mail, and AVG, depending on the post. So it's clearly some kind of scam.
    belodion likes this.
    04-06-2015 09:08 PM