My phone is running out of memory. I managed to clean some of it but still when I open Settings > Storage and see, System is taking 3.24 GB as seen in the screenshot below. It was less before but now it has increased. Does anyone know what is stored over here and how to clear some of it to gain space. Also, while going through the web, I read that clearing Sysdump/logcat could gain me some space. To do so we need to open the default dialer of the device and dial *#9900# and clean it. But my phone does not open anything on dialing the code. I tried this code on my friends phone and it works. Is there any solution to how I can access Sysdump or clean logcat files ?

My device is a Lenovo A606 with MediaTek MT6582 chipset.Android System File in Storage-screenshot_2015-04-06-19-25-23.png
    04-06-2015 10:36 AM
    You didn't say what memory you are running out of, just where you are trying to make room. Are out of space to install apps and trying to fix that? Is the OS out of space for temporary files causing instability?

Install this simple little app. It's very small and will install in very limited space. It will tell you how much space you actually have left for installing apps:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...a.storagetruth

Taking a guess that you're out of room for apps, clearing space in /system won't help. To make space you can:
    Delete some texts or emails. If you really have lots, this can help.
    Uninstall app updates.
    Uninstall apps.
    Clear cache files. However, that will only make space temporarily as cache files will rebuild over time. Also, while clearing cache files won't hurt anything, they're there to speed up operation and should be left alone.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.
    04-06-2015 11:28 AM
    I cant install apps and im also trying to make room. Anyways i hard resetted my phone. Now installing stuff into my phone. Thanks for the help
    04-07-2015 07:17 AM