Battery issues HTC one m7

Jasim Humaiyun

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
Greetings,

I just bought HTC one m7. I have noticed that the battery is draining pretty fast and I am not doing any heavy usage. I installed GSam Battery app and I am constantly refreshing it without letting the screen sleep. Nothing else is running in the background. It shows 30%/hour drainage. Screen brightness is set to 50%. 3g network is connected and I have tethered the phone to laptop (just casual browsing im doing on my laptop).

Also the phone is charging pretty slow (compared to my previous lumia phone) which is annoying. If i connect the phone to laptop for USB charging, the battery goes down instead of charging.

Is there an issue with the battery, or is it just normal? Kindly enlighten me.

I will use the phone tomorrow with a 100% charging over night and can post the battery stat pictures if required.

Kind regards, Jasim

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
First uninstall the battery app. They are worthless and will drain your battery faster than playing games all day. What these apps do is try to kill apps running in the background and turn off resources that it feels aren't needed. The problem becomes these apps and resources want to be running so it kills them and then they restart and then it kills them and the cycle continues until you have no battery left. Android pretty much made battery apps and memory apps obsolete about 3 versions ago, but devs want to be on your device and continue to promote them and due to the poor rep android had in the past many people continue to install them. Trust you will see a vast improvement when you uninstall these apps and allow android to do its thing. The battery app may also contribute to your slower charging. As you are adding charge your over active battery app is draining the charge. However it should be mentioned that you will almost always see a slower charge from a USB connected to a PC or Laptop than plugged into a wall converter. The charge rate is directly related to the mA being supplied and PCs or Laptops will almost always supply lower levels of power than a wall unit. Meanwhile you will also begin to see an improvement after a few charge cycles. One other thing to note is not to allow the battery to drain to the point the device is turning its self off. This is bad for the device and the battery.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams