I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab4 (running Kitkat). The HP Print service is a preloaded app on the tablet, so according to all the forums from HP and Android I've visited it should automatically work. I am using a HP wireless printer that is connected correctly to my network. I was able to set up direct wireless printing for my Chromebook (yeah) and my smartphone S3 (for the S3 I had to use the HP eprint app, which is not great, but doable). I've confirmed that the printer and Tab 4 are on the same wireless network. On the Tab 4 I can see the HP printer (saved secured) in the setting's menu. However, when I try to printing from the Tab 4 to the HP wireless printer, I get a continous message saying it is "searching for printers" and it never finds the HP.

Others have suggested using the HP ePrint app, but this really is not a convenient alternative for the Tab 4 (to many reasons to list why it's not).

Any suggestions would appreciated?

Thanks!
    04-06-2015 03:57 PM
    I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab4 (running Kitkat). The HP Print service is a preloaded app on the tablet, so according to all the forums from HP and Android I've visited it should automatically work. I am using a HP wireless printer that is connected correctly to my network. I was able to set up direct wireless printing for my Chromebook (yeah) and my smartphone S3 (for the S3 I had to use the HP eprint app, which is not great, but doable). I've confirmed that the printer and Tab 4 are on the same wireless network. On the Tab 4 I can see the HP printer (saved secured) in the setting's menu. However, when I try to printing from the Tab 4 to the HP wireless printer, I get a continous message saying it is "searching for printers" and it never finds the HP.

Others have suggested using the HP ePrint app, but this really is not a convenient alternative for the Tab 4 (to many reasons to list why it's not).

Any suggestions would appreciated?

Thanks!
    Welcome to Android Central!

I had the same issue with my Samsung wireless laser printer. I ended up just installing the Samsung Printer app from the Play Store to get it to work.
    04-08-2015 07:39 AM