I keep getting the android.process.acore error and I'm not sure what to do.

Keltian

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I started getting that error that android.process.acore stopped and it keeps popping up. Now any app that hooks into my contacts is unusable such as the dialer and hangouts. So I can't make calls or text. I tried emptying out the contacts and contacts storage but this didn't do anything, so I'm thinking it has to do with another app that is using my contacts but I can't tell which one. The only changes I made to my apps was updating my apps which is done automatically in the background. The ones that were recently updated were Airbnb, Android System WebView, Expedia, Google Play Movies, IMDb, Kitty in the Box, LinkedIn Job Search, Mint, MyTSA, ooVoo, Pandora, Pinterest, Pizza Hut, Snapchat, Swarm, Tapatalk, Target, Tumblr, Twitter, UPS Mobile, Venmo, and Yahoo Weather. I could really use some help with this. I'm running out of ideas and this is really worrying me.

Josiah23

Q&A Team
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
You should boot into safe mode just to confirm its one of those apps. It shouldn't give you that error once your in safe mode. I can tell you that its not Android system Webview, Expedia, Google play movies, IMFb, Pandora, Pinterest, Pizza hut, Tapatalk, Target, Tumble, Twitter, and Yahoo weather that's causing the problem

Sent from my a guy that love CyanogenMod using Tapatalk

Josiah23

Q&A Team
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
To boot in safe mode press and hold the power button then hold power off until it says "Do you want to boot into safe mode?" Safe mode disables all 3rd party apps (apps that you have downloaded) until you restart your phone again.

Josiah23

Q&A Team
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Try to go into application manager and tap on an app and scroll down to permissions and see what apps are using your contacts/dialer. Another option is to backup your stuff and factory reset, but only do this when you have no other option.

Keltian

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Those steps worked. I managed to get into safe mode. It's definitely a 3rd party app that's causing it. Now to find the culprit. If I'm going by the recently updated apps and your experience, it might be that Airbnb, Kitty in the Box, LinkedIn Job Search, Mint, MyTSA, ooVoo, Snapchat. Swarm, UPS Mobile, or Venmo is the cause.

Josiah23

Q&A Team
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Sounds like a plan. Test out which one of those apps are causing the problem. Try uninstalling if you need to or if possible

Keltian

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm stumped. I uninstalled all the apps that were recently updated and rebooted the phone twice. I even cleard the contacts data again. Still the problem is there. I can tell it is a 3rd party app because I can use my contacts list fine when in safe mode but I can't find the culprit. This is really frustrating. :'(

Keltian

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Ok, this is weird. I removed facebook. Still didn't work. Booted into safe mode again, then booted into normal mode. Now the problem is gone but I'm not sure how I fixed it. I'm going to try reinstalling the apps I removed again to see if it comes back.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shae