Wife's Moto X (1st Gen) can receive texts but cannot send texts to me specifically.

A

AC Question

Hey everyone,

So my wife and I both have Moto X's (1st Gens) and they have been working great for about 6 months. But now my wife cannot text me specifically. She can receive texts from me but when she replies they never make it to my phone. Additionally, if she sends me a text without using the thread I started with her it starts a new separate thread.... as if my number is different. So she'll have two threads with me, both of which no messages send to my phone. She doesn't get an error that they aren't going through. Is it her phone or mine? Google's or Motorola? The problem is only between my wife and my phone. Everyone else works fine on both.

Things I've tried so far:
Clear Cache partition on both phones
Deleted and re-added each of us as contacts
Called T-mobile
Called Motorola
Checked our Google accounts for duplicate contacts
Tried to manually text my phone from my wife's using the number only
Checked to see if I blocked her number somehow
Tried different messenger apps

All that I haven't tried is a factory reset which I'm avoiding as a last resort.

Please help! It's driving us crazy.

Kris

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone,

So my wife and I both have Moto X's (1st Gens) and they have been working great for about 6 months. But now my wife cannot text me specifically. She can receive texts from me but when she replies they never make it to my phone. Additionally, if she sends me a text without using the thread I started with her it starts a new separate thread.... as if my number is different. So she'll have two threads with me, both of which no messages send to my phone. She doesn't get an error that they aren't going through. Is it her phone or mine? Google's or Motorola? The problem is only between my wife and my phone. Everyone else works fine on both.

Things I've tried so far:
Clear Cache partition on both phones
Deleted and re-added each of us as contacts
Called T-mobile
Called Motorola
Checked our Google accounts for duplicate contacts
Tried to manually text my phone from my wife's using the number only
Checked to see if I blocked her number somehow
Tried different messenger apps

All that I haven't tried is a factory reset which I'm avoiding as a last resort.

Please help! It's driving us crazy.

Kris

Welcome to Android Central!

It sounds like her phone has somehow blocked your number from reaching her or you reaching her. What happens when she tries to call you or you try to call her?