My phone won't turn on and the screen is backlit when I press the home button

kishan harripersad

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
I have a Blu Life 8 running android 4.4.2 and I had it for about four months now. The phone was perfectly fine until last night where I fully charged it and it auto turned off ( scheduled power on and off from 11 pm to 6 am). However, I turned it back on at around 12 am to set an alarm for the morning ( 5:30). The phone was supposed to remain on as far as I know. In the morning, the alarm did not go off and I woke up 10 minutes later.I found that the phone was off. I tried to power on the phone and nothing happened. So I waited until 6am to see if it would turn but it did not. I tried everything, holding down the power and volume button, charging etc. and nothing happened. I left it at home for the day and when I returned, I tried again and it did not turn on but the screen became backlit every time I pressed the power button. What could be causing this? and how do I fix it ?

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central. It sounds like its a battery issue since it powered off and was fine, was it left with the charger plugged in all night? Did you have it on a surge protector. It could have had an errant zap overnight and fried it. Start with the battery, talk to carrier support. Since the phone is 4 months old it should be within mfg warranty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol