Status bar suddenly not changing colors as before

A

AC Question

So all of a sudden my status bar no longer change colors like they are supposed to. Certain apps it still works fine (green for phone, yellow for text, etc.) but others it doesn't work right at all. Power saving mode does NOT change the bar orange anymore... and opening my internet turns the bar grey and barely readable. I did not install ANY app to change this, it just all of a sudden started happening.

The fools at Samsung don't understand the problem... either their English is too poor to help me or I can't simplify my problem well enough? I'm not sure what to do aside from factory reset the phone (which I reaaaaaaaaally don't want to do right now.)

Background info: I am running Lollipop on a Galaxy S5. No 3rd party apps are bugging out like this, so far it's just power saving and the default internet which are giving me status bar issues. I had changed the UA string so I could open a website in desktop mode... then when I was done I put it back (by resetting and clearing the data in the app involved since I didn't know what it's default UA string was...)

It reset properly...it now opens websites in the default settings...except it's only after I reset it that I started having this status bar issue. So I figure it's related in some way. Then again, maybe not...but no matter how hard I search the settings (or Google) I can't find a way of changing these colors manually.

Help me O Android lords. Help.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
So all of a sudden my status bar no longer change colors like they are supposed to. Certain apps it still works fine (green for phone, yellow for text, etc.) but others it doesn't work right at all. Power saving mode does NOT change the bar orange anymore... and opening my internet turns the bar grey and barely readable. I did not install ANY app to change this, it just all of a sudden started happening.

The fools at Samsung don't understand the problem... either their English is too poor to help me or I can't simplify my problem well enough? I'm not sure what to do aside from factory reset the phone (which I reaaaaaaaaally don't want to do right now.)

Background info: I am running Lollipop on a Galaxy S5. No 3rd party apps are bugging out like this, so far it's just power saving and the default internet which are giving me status bar issues. I had changed the UA string so I could open a website in desktop mode... then when I was done I put it back (by resetting and clearing the data in the app involved since I didn't know what it's default UA string was...)

It reset properly...it now opens websites in the default settings...except it's only after I reset it that I started having this status bar issue. So I figure it's related in some way. Then again, maybe not...but no matter how hard I search the settings (or Google) I can't find a way of changing these colors manually.

Help me O Android lords. Help.

Welcome to Android Central!

It sounds like something didn't happen correctly during the update and maybe some code is messed up. Have you tired booting into recovery and clearing the partition cache on the phone?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes