Why Can I not update Google Play services or download apps?

A

AC Question

For some reason whenever I try to install apps it says: Application cannot be installed in the default install location. I have no clue what this means, I have no clue where the default install location is or why it can't be installed. I accidentally got rid of ALL updates for Google play services so know most of my apps don't work. I try to update Google play services and it starts downloading... then it stops at 63% and it comes up with the Application cannot be installed. It is very frustrating and I have plenty of space and I don't have SD card. Please help!

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
For some reason whenever I try to install apps it says: Application cannot be installed in the default install location. I have no clue what this means, I have no clue where the default install location is or why it can't be installed. I accidentally got rid of ALL updates for Google play services so know most of my apps don't work. I try to update Google play services and it starts downloading... then it stops at 63% and it comes up with the Application cannot be installed. It is very frustrating and I have plenty of space and I don't have SD card. Please help!

Welcome to Android Central!

Try going in to your settings,applications, all apps, scroll down to Google Play and Google Play Services and clear the data from both apps. Try logging in to Google Play and updating Google Play Services.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18