How can I use either a Galaxy S4 or S5 that was under contract with Verizon with a prepaid carrier

A

AC Question

I have a S4 and S5 that were under contract with Verizon. I decided to cancel the contracts knowing that I would have to pay a cancellation fee and I was OK with that. But somehow Verizon started tacking on a ton of fees and monthly charges where it is to the point where it will probably never be paid.

Is it possible to use the phones with a prepaid carrier like Straight Talk or one of the many other carriers out there? It seems like a waste of phones that are just collecting dust. Of course Verizon says the phones can never be used until we pay them off - that they are locked out and will never work with another carrier. I figure there has to be a way to use them.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! A phone that is not paid off will be blacklisted by the carrier. Blacklisted phones can't be used on any other carrier. You can still use the phone as a wi-fi only device, but just not as a phone that receives a voice or mobile data signal.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar