(I have an HTC One M8 running cyanogenmod 11 snapshot m11) Earlier today I was in Asphalt 8, and I hit the home button to exit the app. The phone instantly locked up, and responded to nothing. Touch events, holding the power button, nothing got it to respond. My Android Wear watch also instantly lost connection to the phone. The phone eventually died and I assumed it would boot up normally after I plugged it in. I plugged it into my portable charger, which is 2.1 amp, and the light came one as usual. I pressed the power button, and nothing. I couldn't even get the "battery is charging" screen to show up, the screen didn't even try to turn on. Fast forward to now, and the charge light doesn't even turn on. I can't get it to do anything and I really need it at this point.
    04-07-2015 10:57 PM
    (I have an HTC One M8 running cyanogenmod 11 snapshot m11) Earlier today I was in Asphalt 8, and I hit the home button to exit the app. The phone instantly locked up, and responded to nothing. Touch events, holding the power button, nothing got it to respond. My Android Wear watch also instantly lost connection to the phone. The phone eventually died and I assumed it would boot up normally after I plugged it in. I plugged it into my portable charger, which is 2.1 amp, and the light came one as usual. I pressed the power button, and nothing. I couldn't even get the "battery is charging" screen to show up, the screen didn't even try to turn on. Fast forward to now, and the charge light doesn't even turn on. I can't get it to do anything and I really need it at this point.
    Welcome to Android Central!

Sounds like the phone is fried, try taking it to your carrier and see if they can fix it. If not do you have insurance on the phone?
    04-10-2015 07:26 AM