I have a uprooted LG3 (don't know how to indoor) and I would like to try other launchers other than what is on my phone. The only issue is, I don't use Gmail so none of my email notifications show other than at the top which we all know we clear out as a habit. I have tried different apps to have a icon notification showing but none of them support just regular email. Any suggestions?

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-08-2015 07:23 AM
    Welcome to the forums.

Since you mentioned a launcher and emails, I can try to answer both.

A different launcher might not help with the email settings. Nova Launcher is a good one to try out. I have been running that one for quite some time.

As for the email, what email clients do you use (ex. yahoo, hotmail)? What applications are you using for those emails?
    04-08-2015 08:49 AM
    Thank you for you reply. I have my email accounts logged into the normal "email" app that came with the phone. I have two Yahoo accounts and one MSN account.

04-08-2015 09:23 AM
    Thank you for you reply. I have my email accounts logged into the normal "email" app that came with the phone. I have two Yahoo accounts and one MSN account.

The stock email apps are pretty hit an miss with email notifications. I would go in that app and make sure any settings you have are to notify you of your emails.

I use this one on my tablet for my 'junk' accounts: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=com.trtf.blue
    Depending on how many emails you get on one versus the others, one account can overshadow others in the notification shade.
    04-08-2015 09:29 AM
    Thank you. I have no issues with getting the notifications when I stay with the normal settings that comes with the LG G3. I just been exploring different launchers and that was the one thing all of them couldn't give me. I got the normal notification above, but still like having that little number on the app itself reminding me of emails. Thank you for responding. I will look into that email app you have me and look more into Nova again.

04-08-2015 09:42 AM
    Oh...I didn't realize that you meant an unread count on the app. I think nova has a plug in for that, but I have heard its hit and miss.

From an AOSP M8
    04-08-2015 01:07 PM