Can a Verizon Galaxy S3 Still Be Rooted?

DaVeNuE

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Is it still possible to root a Verizon Galaxy S3 (SCH-1535) running 4.4.2; kernel version 3.4.0 the date says: Tue May 20 00:18:59 KST 2014 - If so, what would be the best method. Based on what I've read on this forum, it seems Towel Root would be the way to go. I'm just not sure if it's too late for me to root. Thanks for any help!

DaVeNuE

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Over 100 views and not one answer. I guess this site isn't quite as good as it once was, like about 6 years ago. Oh well, i guess things are bound to change, and not always for the better. I'll check with another forum that will probably at least give an inkling of interest in helping someone. Thanks anyway guys!

Last edited:

Moroni Herrera

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I rooted my S3. I tried to unlock the bootloader and soft-bricked my phone but was able to restore using Kies v3.

Here is what I did based on reading lots of material...really easy

1) run your the browser apps like Chrome on Verizon Galaxy S3 i535 then you can simply go to towelroot website and download the towelroot apk
2) Install it and decline what the warning message tell you
3) run the the towelroot.apk then hit the button called “make it rain”
4) install SuperSU so you can update the SU binary
5) confirm that the root was properly installed use the Root checker app from Play Store

Good luck..

DaVeNuE

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Moroni & Rukbat for your replies! Moroni - I followed your instructions and was able to root. Now I'm trying to determine having rooted my Galaxy S3 (Verizon) if I can load a new rom on it; seems I'm reading that with a locked bootloader, this may not be possible. Any ideas on how I can add a ROM? Thanks again!

Last edited: