The BLU Pure Life XL...should I get it or some other unlocked phone instead?

anon9314186

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
I've been looking at this phone called the pure life xl made by blu, everything seems really great about it, the hood and such, but there is one thing that is kinda a turn off...it can only run on android's jelly bean, not even at least kitkat.
And of course, I don't if any mods or custom updates have been created for this device either.
My intention is to get a phone as an "ipod touch" alternative. I don't plan on using it as a phone, unless I download one of those phone apps instead. And I am looking for one that is unlocked.
So, should I get this phone or look for something else instead?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Difficult to say if you should get a different one or not. I found price ranges from 250-370. Seems a little pricey for an mp3 player/video player.

May I ask why your current device can't do what you need?

anon9314186

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
well, I have an ipod touch 4th gen...I think that should say it all. It's pretty bad, which is a compliment for the device at this point.

I plan on getting a phone that not only listen to music, but play games, internet browsing, youtube, etc. like a miniature tablet (and no I'm not intersted in looking at tablets right now, there not as small and compact as phones.)

atxnomad

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
No, do not get this piece of junk. While the specs are mostly great, the company behind it sucks. It doesn't do LTE, which I didn't think would be a big deal but it's slow. On top of that, it's running Android 4.3 with absolutely no sign of an update to KitKat or Lollipop even though the company has promised this several times. On top of that, the tech support absolutely, positively sucks.