My widgets are gone with new AT&T update! Samsung Galaxy S4

A

AC Question

I did the newest update from AT&T this morning on my Samsung Galaxy S4 and the widgets I had installed are gone. The widgets tab in the app drawer is no longer there, either. How do I get my widgets back?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central.

Have you tried long-pressing a blank area of home screen to access your widget locker?

Posted via the Android Central App

Khalid M1

May 10, 2015
Visit site
It's easy to get them back. Either touch and hold your finger on any blank space or hit the setting on left of the home button. By doing both will take your to the next screen, showing pages on top and 3 icons (Wallpapers, Widgets, Home screen Setting) at the bottom. Hit the WIDGET icon and you'll be in widgets window. Now you can chose any widget to place on the screen by by holding it down. Good luck.

Sky Ellis

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
The changes have brought the S4 up to the same process as S6. Pinch the home screen. Widgets option appears at the Base of the screen. You can select and add widgets to screens as usual from there. There are other changes too. If you get stuck look at some of the S6 queries and solutions as well as those for S4.

Posted via the Android Central App

Susan Shalla1

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
After spending a day trying to figure out what happened to my widget app in my app drawer, I found the fix.........

Go to galaxy apps and type in "QUICK PANEL RESTORE" Viola.....the widget returned. Wish I would of know this before I reset my phone......oh well loads of junk removed......Good luck!!!