Samsung S4 clock corrupted after update to Lollipop

A

AC Question

The basic clock app has corrupted since the upgrade to Lollipop, and I cant use the alarm, stopwatch, world clock etc

I can't find the app anywhere to download again.

Everytime I press on the Clock icon, it very quickly says "Unfortunately, Clock has stopped"

I then I have to press OK

Help please, I need my alarm!

Thanks in advance

Planehopr

May 9, 2015
Visit site
***********Update*************POSSIBLE SOLUTION

5/9/2015

I just called Verizon Wireless tech support back. The guy had seen this problem once before and found a fix for it. I haven't seen this fix posted on any website, but it worked immediately. Please let me know if this works for you

Go to Settings--Date and Time--Select Date Format, and then choose a date format. Once I picked 'regional' the clock worked without the error "unfortunately, clock has stopped"

Before I tried clearing cache and doing a factory reset You don't have to do this if this "choose date format" works. Please comment and let me know if this helped you. I'm curious if this will work across the board. Maybe even for phones other than Samsung Galaxy S4. I'm stoked!

Spygirl7

May 18, 2015
Visit site
Yes, I set the date format to regional and the clock worked again. I was even able to change it to other date formats after that and it still worked. I was worried because I had already cleared the data from the clock app and no longer had my alarm set for tomorrow. Thanks!
Samsung Galaxy S4, now on Lollipop.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay