Is there any way to restore backup to Galaxy S6?

A

AC Question

I have my samsung Galaxy S6 but I'm very dissapointed to find out that the S6 is not supported at all by Kies 3. I had an S3 before, and I backed up all the data onto my PC with Kies 3, then factory reset the device and sent to a family member in another country who wanted it. You can imagine my frustration upon trying to restore that data to my S6 with Kies 3 only to find it telling me to use Smart Switch. However, Smart Switch only will allow you to restore backups from Apple, Nokia, or Blackberry devices. A Samsung rep has told me that there is no way to restore data backups on PC from a Samsung device to the Galaxy S6. This seems like a massive oversight to me, as Kies 3 was an amazing support program to me, and the only way to remedy my problem is to purchase an older Samsung device compatible with Kies 3, restore the data to that device, then Smart Switch from the older device to the S6. That is a poor solution in my opinion. Can anyone think of another solution to allow me to restore the data from my old device now on my PC to my new S6 without buying another device?

Thank you in advance for any help.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I have my samsung Galaxy S6 but I'm very dissapointed to find out that the S6 is not supported at all by Kies 3. I had an S3 before, and I backed up all the data onto my PC with Kies 3, then factory reset the device and sent to a family member in another country who wanted it. You can imagine my frustration upon trying to restore that data to my S6 with Kies 3 only to find it telling me to use Smart Switch. However, Smart Switch only will allow you to restore backups from Apple, Nokia, or Blackberry devices. A Samsung rep has told me that there is no way to restore data backups on PC from a Samsung device to the Galaxy S6. This seems like a massive oversight to me, as Kies 3 was an amazing support program to me, and the only way to remedy my problem is to purchase an older Samsung device compatible with Kies 3, restore the data to that device, then Smart Switch from the older device to the S6. That is a poor solution in my opinion. Can anyone think of another solution to allow me to restore the data from my old device now on my PC to my new S6 without buying another device?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Welcome to Android Central!

You can probably wait a couple of weeks, I am sure that Samsung will update Kies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech