We went to go pick up an s6 at Verizon only to be told that the phones weren't activating, and that if we try to activate it the phones get stuck on the activation screen and it's basically a brick. There were phones that have been sitting there since 10 in the morning (we went around 2:30) and still hadn't done anything. Anybody know about this problem? Maybe this is only in my area? I'm in upstate New York.
    04-10-2015 02:53 PM
    I bought this phone in upstate Ny at 10 am this morning and it is still stuck activating. They told me about 10 minutes after the purchase that it had about a 50 minute delay on activating. It has now been 9.5 hours and still not activating. I have called the store twice and they keep saying it should be fixed within the hour. Honestly I am furious with Verizon for this, I just don't get how they could botch a major release like this.
    04-10-2015 06:38 PM
    For some reason it lets me use the 4g data, but not call anyone no clue why
    04-10-2015 07:19 PM
    Any luck with a work around? Spent an hour+ on the phone with Verizon support with no progress
    04-10-2015 07:31 PM
    Syracuse, NY here. I've been having the exact same issue. Called the help line twice last night, and they really weren't able to help. All they were able to do was open a problem ticket for me....smdh
    04-11-2015 08:32 AM
    Corning area here, I had the same issue all afternoon. Its something about the upstate NY area. When I had a fascinate (and didnt actually live here yet) I was travelling through for work. I couldn't send or receive text messages until almost to Binghamton.

That said, late last night (1am) I toggled the phone on and off and it registered in less than 5 minutes. Keep trying, it should eventually work, but I think its something about this area.

EDIT* I also called support and was escalated to tier 2 support. They could see the sim card trying to activate and said that if it didnt resolve overnight I could go to the store and ask for a new sim card or try to wipe the whole device and start activation from scratch. I was able to receive data even though it said activating, just couldn't place calls or texts.
    04-11-2015 09:11 AM
    I ran into this yesterday when trying to activate mine on sprint... Wouldn't activate for most of the day, but after some digging, i found this code to put in the dialer, and after it restarted, the activation finally worked... Not sure if it will work for verizon or not, but worth a shot. ##72786# It will pop up saying it's going to reset the provisioning settings to factory (or something like that), but it will not reset anything saved on the phone so don't worry... good luck!
    04-11-2015 01:22 PM
    have anyone been able to fix this issues. I have a Verizon S6, error "processing failed" ( cant activate) in NYC tried of type of reset but nothing. your feedback is much appreciated. Thank you
    05-15-2015 11:52 AM