Hi there

Hoping someone can help me with this problem as I've searched loads and can't seem to find a similar problem. My dad got a Moto G phone and it's running Android, which I'm not familiar with. While doing some tasks the OS will do something erratic. For example....

When he got it, the Google Search kept launching randomly. You could be searching the web and it would pop up. It would glitch like this for a bit and then stop. I looked through the Input settings and couldn't see anything that was causing this. So I ended up removing the Google Search on the front screen and it stopped happening.

However I saw my dad today and he showed me that when he was putting in Calendar entries it pops up a screen asking you to fill out the details and there is a Cancel and Ok option at the top. We managed to create 4 or 5 entries before it started glitching. When you click Create Event the new window pops up and then goes away straight away without any ability to interact with it. It does this a few times before settling down. But it will do it again.

I'm not too familiar with Android devices, but looking through obvious settings I can't see what is causing this. Since I removed the Google Search and it's now acting strange with the Calendar it's making me wonder if it's the phone itself. I've never seen a device act as erratically as this.
    04-10-2015 04:20 PM
    Welcome to Android Central.

There are two things - though not only two - that you could try.
    First, a Cache Partition wipe, which may just help, and which will cause no loss of personal data.
    Second, if the wipe doesn't fix it, boot into Safe Mode, which will test whether the trouble is being caused by a third-party app. If it is, the trouble will stop, and you'll have to identify the app and uninstall it....easier said than done, but not too difficult.
    Get back to us if you need any further advice, and also if those two procedures don't help.

This may be useful, for G's running KitKat or Lollipop:
    https://motorola-global-portal.custh...p/30,6720,9197

So may this:
    https://motorola-global-portal.custh...p/30,6720,9050

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-10-2015 05:07 PM