Galaxy S5 "Unfortunately, Phone has stopped"

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central. :)

Try Settings, Storage, Cached Data, and clear the cache.
Sometimes, a Power Off and Restart will help, but it's a good idea to clear the Cached Data regularly.

Posted via the Android Central App

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Try booting into Safe Mode. That will test whether a third-party app is causing trouble. If that is the case, the problem will not occur while you are in Safe Mode, and the app responsible will have to be identified and uninstalled.

Posted via the Android Central App

SteveGD

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site
Found this on another thread (same topic):

Thankfully I stumbled across someone else that posted about this problem. All they did was open "phone" really fast after clicking okay on the error screen. This didn't work for me the first time but after two or three attempts the error message stopped coming up.

Too good to be true? Yes, but it actually works, haha!

ohsnapgoogle

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
This actually worked for me too..!

Found this on another thread (same topic):

Thankfully I stumbled across someone else that posted about this problem. All they did was open "phone" really fast after clicking okay on the error screen. This didn't work for me the first time but after two or three attempts the error message stopped coming up.

Too good to be true? Yes, but it actually works, haha!

Truckmane65

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
I found on my Samsung S5 that going to settings and then to phone app, tap phone app . In the app is probably there are 2 boxes that were checked and they said will allow pop ups . Unchecked them and it went away