Any fake Samsung Note Edge sellers on eBay?

culda1984

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
I was looking around YouTube, and discovered that there are a lot sellers on eBay that sell fake Note 4s. Does anyone know any sellers to avoid, or how to identify these scammers? A lot of them copy spec information from gsmarena.com, so I can't identify fakes from the specs. The Note Edge is very expensive, and I don't want to pay for fake ones. Also will I be covered by eBay in the event I purchase a fake phone?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I was looking around YouTube, and discovered that there are a lot sellers on eBay that sell fake Note 4s. Does anyone know any sellers to avoid, or how to identify these scammers? A lot of them copy spec information from gsmarena.com, so I can't identify fakes from the specs. The Note Edge is very expensive, and I don't want to pay for fake ones. Also will I be covered by eBay in the event I purchase a fake phone?

Welcome to Android Central!

I would just buy the phone from the carrier refurbished or new and avoid the hassle.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Run Genuine Galaxy - Phone Info on the phone once you get it. If it's a fake, file a complaint with eBay and PayPal and your payment will be reversed.

One way to tell is by price. If it's 10% under what everyone else is getting, it might be real. If it's 25% less it's probably fake and it's about an S3 (if you're lucky). You're not going to save much between a real S6 on eBay and a real unbranded one from a legitimate retailer - maybe $25-$50. (Carrier branded phones, purchased outright from the carrier, are usually only a few dollars more than buying unbranded ones, and you have to make sure that you're buying the model you need - a European phone doesn't have the frequencies you need for AT&T. Buying a phone from a carrier for $200 plus more for the account every month is where you end up paying another $100 or more. AT&T, for instance, charges you $600 more for a 2 year contract if you buy the phone from them for monthly payments. Add the $200 for a flagship phone and you're paying $800 for the phone. Buy it outright from them and you can probably get it for what the online retailers are offering. And if you've been a customer of your carrier for a while, don't go into the store - call the retention department and tell them that you're thinking of going to X carrier, because they'll sell you Y phone for Z dollars outright, and your carrier is charging a lot more. Retention can give you a discount to keep you as a customer - that will match the price you see online [for a real one, not a cheap knockoff 3G phone in an Edge case].)