I have the usb/car aux to micro usb cable. It charges my phone and is supposed to play audio through the aux cable, but the audio does not play, only the phone charges. Is there a setting I have to turn on/off somewhere in the phone's software?

I had no issue with my iphone connecting both charge and music through the same cable (but with 30 pin connector instead of micro usb)
    J Van likes this.
    04-11-2015 05:37 PM
    I have the same question. I connect the same way with the same cable to a Sony car stereo. Went from an iPhone4 (that ported nicely) to the S6. I can get the S6 to play music/audio downloaded on the phone to play thru the car stereo, but when I fire up Pandora, Spotify, etc., the car stereo will continue to play the downloaded content and Pandora thru the S6 speaker (or plugged in headphone).
    I don't want to port thru the audio connector. I like to keep that free for headphones (phone call).

Edit:
    Ok. I think I found my answer on the why (paintdrinkingpete - //forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s4/287639-problem-using-car-audio-system-usb-s4.html). Still would like to hope that someone has created an app to help simulate this past feature.
    04-30-2015 10:35 AM