Verizon samsung galaxy s6 wifi connectivity issues.

A

AC Question

I just got the galaxy s6 two days ago and I am already having wifi issues. The phone tells me that the signal is very strong but it cannot load pages and tabs keep crashing. I have to turn off wifi and then turn it back on multiple times to fix the issue. After about 15 minutes it goes right back and continues with the same issue. I know this is not a modem or router issue because all of my other devices are connected and have no issues of loading anything work perfect. Just posting to see if anybody else has this same issue. Please keep me informed if you have found a fix. Thank you!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Take the phone to a public wifi hotspot and see if you have the same problems. If you do, bring the phone back for repair or replacement. If you don't, you'll have to change the settings on your router. First, use AES encryption, not TKIP or TKIP+AES - some recent implementations of Android are having problems with TKIP. (And if it's a Linksys router, believe it or not, they can have problems with AES too. Then you either run unencrypted or you buy a router that will work - like the cheap Netgear WNR2000.)

rgsmith4

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
I am experiencing a similar wifi connectivity issue with my new S6. I can connect to my main router without an issue, my problem is that when I am on the far end of my house and attempt to change my wifi connection to my wifi extender. Both are Netgear devices and none of my other devices have an issue with connecting to the extender. The S4 I had previously also experienced no issues with connecting. Hope Samsung can push out an update of fix.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Are both the router and the extender using the same encryption? Recent Android versions have been having problems with TKIP. (At least with Netgear they don't have problems with AES - with Linksys, which you think would be the best, they do.)

DarrenSt

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I had WiFi issues with my S6 although my S4 was perfect. I know that this seems odd as this is for network data, I worked out that this fixed my problem:-Settings>Connections>Mobile networks>Mobile data>Untick Enhanced 4G LTE services.

brianmeilicke

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm on T-Mobile but have been having the same issues, I seem to have found a fix that has been working so far. Try this if turning off smart network switch doesn't work (that didn't work for me)

1. Open your phone dialer
2. Enter *#0011#
3. Select more (top right)
4. Select WiFi
5. Turn off WiFi power save mode(enabled by default)
6. Exit and hopefully your WiFi connectivity issues will no longer be a problem.

Hope I was able to help some of you out.

Posted via the Android Central App

Michael Gleisten

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
Good idea but it's not helping actually :(

Hopefully an update gets pushed out soon. Rather have a phone that dies midday than a phone with basic functionality problems.

Looks like I'm never buying Samsung again for another 10 years. Back to Nexus devices-only.

BeerBasket

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
One solution I found was to make sure WMM is enabled. I had my wifi working fine at work, but at home it was slow or stopping loading, not loading etc. I looked it up and WMM was disabled on my router. Apparently if it is not enabled some of these newer devices do not get full speed, they become limited. So make sure those things are enabled. You can leave QoS off just make sure WMM is on.

I am on a Netgear R7000.

bigj954

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
This is also happening to me, for the 1st 6 days I had the phone my Wi-Fi was working perfect and now it's not working at all anything that uses internet on the phone can't even get a connection on my 5GHz home privet network(very strong at 866Mpbs) or the 2.4 GHz version of my network. When that happened I went to a friends house and I tried his network and the same thing was going on nothing would work at all. I see it's a mass problem so let's just hope it's software related and they have a software update to fix it and quick!

Reese Mitchell

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
Ok I think this might work. This is what I did
1. I switch download booster to **OFF**. (I think the problem is with it) then i turned off my wifi
2. I cut off my galaxy s6 (verizon)
3. I switched my wifi channel it was on 11. to 6. by doing that I think my router rebooted.
4.Once my router completely rebooted i switched back on my Galaxy s6.

5 SUCCESS

please someone try this and tell me if it fix your problem. This should work for everyone.

***Edit**** also my wifi setting in advance mode are
show wi-fi pop-up = off
wi-fi notificatons = off
keep wi-fi on during sleep = always
always allow scanning = on

Bluesabus

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Reese Mitchell I doubt the download booster is related because I experienced the problem before I even turned download booster on. Sounds more like one of the multitude of things you tried happened to work.

jony addo

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem with my S6 edge. I have Comcast at home. I called comcast and they said it is a problem with the phone. I called Samsung and they said it must be your wifi!!!!. I tried my phone on different wifi and it worked perfectly. So, I changed the security mode to WPAWPA2-PSK (TKIP/AES) on my router, and since that time I had no issues with the speed.

roscomann

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
I am using Linksys EA6900. I just tried turning on MAC filtering and set my S6's MAC address to "allow" for the filtering on the router. It seems to be working. Finally have fast connection and it hasn't dropped the connection. Hope it continues and hope this helps. I had the s6 edge but, after two phone swaps went to the s6. Here's hoping Samsung & Google figure this out soon.

aNDY2015

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi

I'm quite new to Samsung S6. I came across this thread as i am finding that my wifi is disconnected at times and it uses my mobile data.

I have searched high and low and don't know what else to do?

Tried the suggestions above and the one below but it still not working.

On S6 > Settings
WIFI > on
More > WPS PIN Entry

**took the pin number and added it to >

Logged into my TP-Link Router
- WPS Settings
-Enter new device PIN

[phone now takes 2 minutes to complete]

added to say... this is only for password pin. > it will not work.

I disconnected my WIFI and rebooted the phone. Went to WIFI settings and WHALA... its back on.

and it says WPS failed. Try again in a few minutes >> pfft tried it forever!!!!

still doesn't work.

Can someone please advise what i should do next.

Thank-you.

guttsy

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
My WiFi connection was pitifully slow on my S6. It would take me several minutes to load/browse HBO GO or the Play Store. Many icons would just come up blank. I'm in an area where IPv6 is partially implemented, so I was curious and enabled it prior to getting this phone. Turning off IPv6 on the router made a huge difference -- now everything works normally. I'm wondering why my S3 doesn't have this problem...

andysz06

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
Hope this helps some folks. I bought an S6 (not the edge) about a week and a half ago and was immediately frustrated at the laggy Internet experience when connected to my home wifi (Comcast modem and router in one. Single band 2.4 frequency). I tried every fix I read, including factory resetting the phone, clearing cashe partition, restarting everything, changing security settings on the modem, changing DNS servers to static on my phone using Google public DNS servers. Also of course I turned of all appropriate settings such as smart network switch, Volte, etc. None of this worked. Finally, I took the phone back in hopes it was a hardware issue and traded for another new one. Still same results. In a last ditch effort to avoid having to take the phone back for good, I plugged in my old belkin router(dual band) and connected to that (The 5 rather than the 2.4) The issue immediately went away. No more insesant buffering, studdering, etc. It has been silky smooth without fail. Apparently these things take issue with some routers. Surely Samsung knows about this and is working on a fix. Anywho, hope this helps someone.