Galaxy Note 4 problem - Screen Won't rotate

A

AC Question

I've been searching and searching and still can't find a solution. It feels like I've done just about everything. No matter what I do the screen won't rotate when I want it to. I have the screen rotate option turned on, but no matter which way I hold my phone nothing changes. I first noticed the problem when I tried taking a picture and saw that the buttons on the bottom of the screen were upside down. I then noticed that my screen wouldn't rotate at all and that pictures came out upside down. I opened up clash of clans, because it rotates the screen to landscape, and then I exited out of it. My home screen was then locked in landscape. I turned off then turned on the screen rotation option and the phone went back to portrait, but never changed to anything else after that. I used the *#0*# code in the dialer to test the sensors and gyroscope and it said that it passed everything. It even correctly monitored what way I was holding the phone, but after that when I went to the homescreen nothing had changed. I gave up and decided to factory reset the phone to see if that would fix it. It didn't fix it. I am now out of options and would really like some help with this.
Thanks for reading!

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central.

I doubt that it will help, but have you tried Safe Mode, to test whether the problem may be being caused by a third-party app? Easy to do, so worth a try, perhaps.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy