2 Galaxy Tab 3's, one has problem connecting to WiFi

A

AC Question

My 2 kids each have a Samsung galaxy tab 3.0... One connects perfectly to our wifi and picks up others in the area, the other only picks up ours and sometimes registers as out of range even if in the next room to the rooter. When it does connect the signal is poor when the other tablet and all other devices are strong.

All other devices connect fine with strong connection. Even if this is the only device connected it still has the same problem.

I have tried WPS connection, disconnecting, restarting, software updates, restarting wifi router etc but nothing helps.

Any ideas please?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: why is my wifi connection poor on tablet?

My 2 kids each have a Samsung galaxy tab 3.0... One connects perfectly to our wifi and picks up others in the area, the other only picks up ours and sometimes registers as out of range even if in the next room to the rooter. When it does connect the signal is poor when the other tablet and all other devices are strong.

All other devices connect fine with strong connection. Even if this is the only device connected it still has the same problem.

I have tried WPS connection, disconnecting, restarting, software updates, restarting wifi router etc but nothing helps.

Any ideas please?
Make sure the problem device is fully updated: system settings > about Tablet > updates.

If that doesn't solve the problem then consider a factory reset. Backup your data and sync accounts - apps are available in the play store to save apps and app data - then reset and see if that fixes the problem. Let us know how it goes.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

Put the problem tablet on the router. Is the signal strong? (It probably is.) That would mean that the antenna isn't connected. That can happen if it's dropped or jarred too often.

LeannePog

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site

Thanks. The signal is much stronger on the router so this could be the problem.
Am I able to fix this myself? It has been like this since we bought the tablet - its not something that has happened over time. Its only a few months old so if I cant fix it I will return it.
Thanks again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC