Hi,
    I checked some of the forums but did not exactly find a question that could help me.
    I am using a Moto G 2nd Gen with Lollipop running on it. The problem is that whenever I am on 3G, I am getting the push notifications instantly. But I am not getting any notification when I am on WiFi. My previous phone was not having this issue. My friend, who is using the same device also does not have this issue. But there is this other guy also who is facing the same issue. Not sure what the problem is. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance :-).
    04-13-2015 04:22 PM
    Hi,
    I checked some of the forums but did not exactly find a question that could help me.
    I am using a Moto G 2nd Gen with Lollipop running on it. The problem is that whenever I am on 3G, I am getting the push notifications instantly. But I am not getting any notification when I am on WiFi. My previous phone was not having this issue. My friend, who is using the same device also does not have this issue. But there is this other guy also who is facing the same issue. Not sure what the problem is. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance :-).
    Which apps are you trying to get notifications for?

Sent from my Nexus 7
    04-13-2015 04:29 PM
    And check the firewall settings to see if there's an option about notifications..

Sent from my Nexus 7
    04-13-2015 04:32 PM
    I am not getting notification from any app. How do I check the firewall settings? What's weird & frustrating is that my friend, who is using the same kind of device is not having this issue.
    BTW I am the one who started the thread. Logged in this time to reply to your questions. One more thing; the firewall/proxy being used here is Dell SonicWall.
    04-13-2015 10:00 PM
    Any particular reason you're using a proxy and firewall? A router is a pretty good firewall just by the way it works. (Just turn off ping or incoming UDP if the router has the option.) Attempts to connect to your phone get "dropped on the floor" unless you've set up port forwarding for some port to the phone, so if someone tries to connect to your phone, there won't be anything there. Try https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?rh1dkyd2 to see how exposed you are. (Most of the time, there won't be any open ports - you're invisible to the internet.)
    04-13-2015 11:12 PM
    I am behind a college firewall. One has to log in to Dell SonicWall in order to access the Internet. I have already checked that I am logged in and can access the net. The moment I am out of the reach of the network, the phone switches to 3G and I receive a flurry of notifiations. This is driving me crazy!
    04-14-2015 12:29 AM
    Anyone any idea on this?
    04-15-2015 03:22 AM