I have the Moto X second gen and I upon sending rant texts to my friend, I've been informed when my texts are received they're split into individual texts that are two sentences long, TWO! And then they send in random orders and are all jumbled. Its really a pain. I've heard this from two of my frequent texters. They both have a different service company than I and have iPhones but I don't think that has anything to do with it because I never had any problems with my blackberry (new bb not some old one). I downloaded a different SMS in place of the stock app from the get go and I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not? I downloaded a different SMS app today to test a long text and it still broke up into multiple short texts. Any ideas? Its annoying having to send a screenshot of my whole text to people.
    04-13-2015 09:55 PM
    The SMS protocol specifies 140 octets per message (which, unless you're using unicode characters, like characters with accent marks, translates to 160 characters). For any text longer than that, the app has 2 choices, and you can set which one you want in the texting app's Settings - either it sends them as 160 character pieces, or it sends them as a single MMS. (The setting can be to send long messages as multiple messages, to send long messages as MMS, or some other similar wording. Turning it on does what it says, turning it off does the opposite.)

As far as the messages arriving out of sequence, if this happens to everyone you send long messages to, I'd talk to your carrier. If it happens to every long text the other person receives, he should speak to his carrier. (The messages should actually be able to arrive in any order, and the app should "stitch" them together in the correct order, but if there's a delay between parts, and the second part arrives long before the first part, the message will get displayed wrong.)
    04-13-2015 11:39 PM
    Recently I am receiving texts that are split into multiple texts. These texts are short and not over the character limit, but chopped into smaller segments.
    It seems random. Any thoughts or ideas what might be causing this to occur?
    Thxs

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-06-2015 10:49 AM