How do I get pictures and contacts off my old phone?

A

AC Question

Hello,

My old LG phone's touch screen broke. It just stopped working today. The screen is scratched, but there are no visible cracks, etc. Due to this, I can not go to my contacts or my pictures. My phone also does not have an SD card. When I use my USB cord, my phone registers that no card is inserted and the computer does not register that a phone is plugged in. How can I retrieve my contacts and pictures?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Without being able to use the touch screen to access the device there isn't really any other way to retrieve your data off the device, especially if its not being recognized when you plug it in via USB cord.

One way to make sure this doesn't happen again in the future is to make sure you have your Contacts sync'd to your Gmail account. You also have many different options for syncing and backing up pictures to either Gmail or other cloud services.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
My old LG phone's touch screen broke. It just stopped working today.

When I use my USB cord, my phone registers that no card is inserted and the computer does not register that a phone is plugged in.
This says to me that either the battery is flat (plug in the charger and leave it plugged in at least overnight) or the motherboard is shot, in which case there's nothing to "get", since that's where your contacts and pictures were (except your Google contacts, which are at Google Contacts, and will sync to the phone when you get it fixed, or to another phone if you replace it).

Beijing World

Dec 12, 2016
Visit site
Hello,

My old LG phone's touch screen broke. It just stopped working today. The screen is scratched, but there are no visible cracks, etc. Due to this, I can not go to my contacts or my pictures. My phone also does not have an SD card. When I use my USB cord, my phone registers that no card is inserted and the computer does not register that a phone is plugged in. How can I retrieve my contacts and pictures?

Can I retrieve them through another email address?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! No, unfortunately you can't. If the contacts and photos are only saved to the local phone account, then it wouldn't matter what email account you used -- the data is still only on the phone's storage. This is why it's a very good idea to save all of your contacts to your Google account, rather than the Phone account, and also to turn on Google Photos Auto Backup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12