Samsung Galaxy note 3 killing batteries

A

AC Question

Hi

A friend of mine thought his phone was having issues as his battery was draining fast and eventually wouldn't hold charge. He purchased an Anker battery but the same was happening.
Long story short we swapped batteries so I could charge his phone battery for a while and he could use what was in mine to use his phone and now after he has used my battery mine is showing the same signs. It's been on charge for a hour or so and dropped 1% with little to no use.

It seems his phone is somehow permanently killing batteries? any ideas?

Thanks

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central.

What do the battery usage stats reveal after these discharges? It ought to be possible to glean a lot from them, especially taking other things into consideration, such as location settings, sync settings, signal quality.

Posted via the Android Central App

g1ose

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi
Not much of use as the usage was done in another phone. I have been charging the phone since posting this and its up to 50% from 29%.
When I originally gave him the battery it had 75% and went down in 1 hour nearly 50% to 29%

Normally charge over 4 or so hours should provide more than 21%? The phone isnt being used other than an occasional time check.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
If there was a problem with the power supply in your friend's phone, it is possible that it could have caused permanent damage to the batteries themselves.

And a damaged or faulty battery is BAD NEWS.... as in "spitzen-sparken boom" bad news. I suggest that your friend get his phone serviced and you order yourself a new battery. You don't want to take chances with those things, they may be small, but they hold a LOT of electrical power and are not to be trifled with.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1