Has anyone been getting this lately when using google voice typing? Anyone? Its driving me crazy. I even changed roms and it worked for a bit then went back to the subject popup error. Thanks
    04-15-2015 08:10 AM
    Yes, l just started getting this. I just upgraded to lollipop, so l am wondering if that is the issue. No other changes that l know of.....
    04-17-2015 10:23 AM
    Could not find an answer seems like it's only affecting us. I don't know but anyway I upgraded the keyboard to SwiftKey (free in market) and no longer using the HTC or Google keyboard and the Google Voice typing works like a charm As I am Google Voice typing this right now give it a try
    Condalmo likes this.
    04-17-2015 04:05 PM
    April 28: "Google Voice Typing cannot be activated in this context." Getting this a lot lately on Nexus 6. Thought maybe it had something to do with Textra since it started happening within that app for the first time after I installed it, but I doubt that unless by some coincidence everyone is using Textra for SMS on here? Installed Swyft and still doing it right now. Only thing that fixes it seems to be restarting my phone. Going to download Swype right now and come back to this post.... OK Swype seems to be fine with voice texting. Wow, the Swype keyboard looks beautiful, I haven't used it in forever. It's using its own voice recognition engine, obviously Dragon. It has definitely improved, have not used Swype in well over a year. Anyways Google needs to fix this unless it really is my texting app, which I doubt. And I forgot my phone did update recently to 5.1 lollipop. Maybe that's it. Wow this Swype keyboard is really nice. I'm gonna go ahead and use this for a little bit here.

Via Nexus 6: "Takin updates for granted."
    04-28-2015 01:04 PM
    Swype is working for me I am using the microphone right now as swiftkey was working then it went back to not working thanks.
    05-09-2015 09:43 AM
    Swype is working for me I am using the microphone right now as swiftkey was working then it went back to not working thanks.
    Previous two posters:
    If Swype uses Dragon, this point is void.
    05-10-2015 09:18 AM
    ^ *loco*
    05-10-2015 09:22 AM
    Getting it frequently in messaging app since last Google Now update. Doesn't matter if I am using Hangouts or the new Messenger. I suspect Google Now but have not tired rolling back.
    06-10-2015 04:08 PM
    Although it has several other bugs, Version 4.5.13.19 arm is the last update that does not give the " Google voice typing cannot be activated in this context" error on Motorola Maxx. Doesn't matter which keyboard you use. The error happens after using Google app to send/receive texts. Does Motorola or Google ever read these reviews? Verizon? PLEASE FIX THIS! it's been months!

I deleted all the updates on the Google app and downloaded version from apk mirror site
    07-21-2015 09:42 AM
    I am getting this same error message but it seems to happen after I have used Robin: Personal Assisant to do voice texting. Then when I try to google something by voice, or send a google voice text without using Robin, I get the error message. And it continues even after I shut down Robin. The error will only stop after I shut down Robin, and restart my phone, and do not use Robin at all. I wish I could find an answer for how to stop this error and still use Robin, she is very handy for adding wake ups, reminders, texting by voice, etc.

Anyone else have the problem with Robin?
    07-28-2015 03:08 PM
    Not with Robin, but with Google Now / Moto Assist: I use Moto Assist set to announce and response to text messages in the car and at home. I also use Google Now to initiate text messages. When I have used either to dictate a message, there is a period where I can no longer initiate voice typing with the microphone key on the keyboard. Rebooting does clear the problem, but it also goes away by itself after a period of time (I have not tried to be scientific about it). Even when I can't activate voice typing, I can initiate Google Now to dictate an action.
    07-28-2015 03:21 PM
    Hey Chance Beeson , you said "I deleted all the updates on the Google app and downloaded version from apk mirror site"
    Which app exactly? Google Search or Hangouts?
    07-29-2015 12:32 PM
    T-Mobile updated my Samsung 6 Edge yesterday and voice typing attempts in text and email do not work. Android 5.1.1 Kernel 3.10.61-5756057.
    12-20-2015 12:22 PM
    Just started getting this on my N6P.
    Lollipop. awesome
    01-04-2016 12:15 PM
    Lollipop. awesome
    01-05-2016 08:06 PM
    Lollipop. awesome
    Wait.. How? The 6p is marshmallow.
    01-05-2016 08:07 PM
    April 28: "Google Voice Typing cannot be activated in this context." Getting this a lot lately on Nexus 6. Thought maybe it had something to do with Textra since it started happening within that app for the first time after I installed it, but I doubt that unless by some coincidence everyone is using Textra for SMS on here? Installed Swyft and still doing it right now. Only thing that fixes it seems to be restarting my phone. Going to download Swype right now and come back to this post.... OK Swype seems to be fine with voice texting. Wow, the Swype keyboard looks beautiful, I haven't used it in forever. It's using its own voice recognition engine, obviously Dragon. It has definitely improved, have not used Swype in well over a year. Anyways Google needs to fix this unless it really is my texting app, which I doubt. And I forgot my phone did update recently to 5.1 lollipop. Maybe that's it. Wow this Swype keyboard is really nice. I'm gonna go ahead and use this for a little bit here.

Via Nexus 6: "Takin updates for granted."
    I also have a nexus 6 after losing my 6p and just updated but I already use SwiftKey and it won't work on any apps except Ok Google
    04-13-2016 10:26 PM
    Has anyone been getting this lately when using google voice typing? Anyone? Its driving me crazy. I even changed roms and it worked for a bit then went back to the subject popup error. Thanks
    I've just started having this problem too!! Here's what worked for me---I checked in my app store for the ones I recently updated. (I do not allow auto updates because I want control over them.) Since this voice issue is Google based, I looked for other Google apps updated. I found that, indeed, I did just update Google Drive. Since it came as stock on my phone, I selected the 'uninstall' button. Choosing that option did not uninstall the app, but did uninstall all the updates to it. Viola! My Googe Voice now works! (But what a shame that this had to happen!)
    04-23-2016 03:30 PM
    I've just started having this problem too!! Here's what worked for me---I checked in my app store for the ones I recently updated. (I do not allow auto updates because I want control over them.) Since this voice issue is Google based, I looked for other Google apps updated. I found that, indeed, I did just update Google Drive. Since it came as stock on my phone, I selected the 'uninstall' button. Choosing that option did not uninstall the app, but did uninstall all the updates to it. Viola! My Googe Voice now works! (But what a shame that this had to happen!)
    05-27-2016 02:38 PM
    All I did was hold my power button down select power off and restart and voila! Everything's back to normal.
    05-27-2016 02:40 PM