My boyfriend has an HTC M7 on straight talk wireless and I have an iPhone 6 on Verizon. We've never had issues messaging before (we only talk constantly haha).
    All of the sudden last night he got concerned because he wasn't getting a reply from me, when I was repeatedly texting him and being equally as concerned with no reply. After he got home I looked at his phone and tried to reply to my text thread and immediately a message comes to him saying that "the number +1 1-859-XXX-XXXX isn't a valid number, please resend using a valid 10 digit number." I went to check my contact listing in his phone and it's listed as +1-859-XXX-XXXX but for some reason when he texts me, the phone is adding an extra +1 to my number just like it always has been and always worked properly.
    He is able to message everyone else successfully and I am also able to send texts and iMessages to all other contacts.

I've had to download a texting app to be able to talk to him, which is decent but he doesn't have much data and no wifi at work so I'm really trying to figure out how to fix this.
    Help!
    04-15-2015 06:40 PM
    He's on AT&T (Straight Talk is a network operator - they use all 4 of the Big 4 carriers) - or you are, or both. It was a transient error they had with their system and it was cleared up by this morning.
    04-15-2015 10:34 PM
    Yes he's using straight talk through AT&T and I'm on Verizon. So we should be able to text by the morning?
    04-16-2015 02:50 AM
    Still having the problem :/
    04-16-2015 10:34 AM