Why does my phone battery age jump from 60 to 0 with no warning and how do i fix it?

SOS_HELPME

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Why does my phone battery %age jump from 60% to 0% with no warning and how do i fix it

i have no idea when this started happening but it needs to stop my battery life on my first gen moto g will be at 60 and go to 0 and shut down i almost got fired the other day because i was in the middle of a phone call with a client and my phone suddenly shut down so i had to put it on the charger and let it charge has this happened to anyone else, and if it has can you please tell me how to fix it S.O.S ASAP

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why does my phone battery %age jump from 60% to 0% with no warning and how do i fix it

It sounds as if the battery is growing a dendrite. See Lithium Battery Dendrite links for more than you want to know. The only "fix" so far is to replace the battery. (It's not a "defective" battery - the way lithium batteries work allows them to grow dendrites. It's something the industry is working to eliminate. [When your cellphone battery goes, it's $25, when a Chevy Volt battery under warranty goes, it costs Chevy $5,000. They're spending a lot of money to find a cure.])