PDF downloads from a site I closed last week when I open browser. Why?

batya7

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
PDF downloads from a site I closed last week when I open browser.

New to Android.

Last week I opened a website I've visited many times and downloaded a PDF of events occurring during the Passover vacation. Now, when I open my browser (either Chrome or the default one that was installed on Galaxy Note 4) this same PDF downloads itself automatically!

l had Firefox and used it as my preferred browser. I thought it was happening because of FF, so I deleted FF completely. But it is still downloading on the other browsers.

l went to to the downloads folder and deleted the multiple PDFs there. I cleared history and cookies in the browsers. It still re-downloaded again after that.

What could be causing this? Does my phone have a virus?

I can't even tell you what exact URL is causing the download because it flashes in the address bar quickly then is covered by the most recent URL I used.

Please help me stop this crazy PDF! Thanks in advance.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: PDF downloads from a site I closed last week when I open browser.

Try the same sequence on a desktop or laptop. It sounds like something the site is doing - an immediate redirect to the pdf file.

batya7

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Re: PDF downloads from a site I closed last week when I open browser.

l don't have the URL of what's being downloaded. l suppose I could try to Google it...
What do you think it is that would cause it to act the same on my mobile as on a desktop?