Get files off a dropped/unresponsive Moto X?

A

AC Question

A couple days ago I dropped my Moto X onto a concrete floor, and though there was little if any visible damage, the screen was black and it won't do anything except for vibrate about every 5 seconds. Tried the reboot where you hold down the power+vol down buttons for 2 minutes, nothing happens except the vibrating stops, though it starts back up again when I hit the vol up button. Tried several times in the last few days, including charging it, no luck.

My question is, is there any way to get the data off without taking it apart, if it is not showing up when plugged into a computer (neither PC nor Mac)? (It generally never showed up unless I had the phone powered on and unlocked the screen when it was functional, but I have no idea what little function is left, if any.) I really just need to pull some photos and audio from a recorded meeting from the thing, but because I'm trying to swing a free or cheap replacement from Motorola I can't bust it open. Motorola says there's nothing they can do with regards to data recovery. Figured I'd try and ask in case there's any hope.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20