When the phone was locked I could look at the phone whilst still locked and it would display an icon in top left of the screen but now the vodafone symbol is there so I have to unlock the phone each time to see if I have any notifications. I've tried everything I can think of - help!
    04-16-2015 06:24 AM
    Which phone and Android version do you have?
    04-16-2015 07:16 AM
    It seems this bug is present on all phones running 5.x and I suspect Google thinks it is a feature.
    If somebody knows how to fix it I would be so happy.

So the problem is:
    1. Before - you get a set of icons in the notifications bar that is the same when the phone is locked or not.
    2. Now - The icons are there when the phone is unlocked. But when locked now on that same place the name of the operator is shown.
    This is part of the new "vision" of inconsistency and craziness, introduced by Lollipop.
    The only way to have notifications on the lock screen now is to have the notifications themselves filling up the whole screen introducing information overload with tons of irrelevant info.

So the question is - how to go back to the situation where the notification icons in the top bar are visible when the phone is locked?
    04-18-2015 06:36 PM