Bettery charge or my android celluar device

A

AC Question

since traveling out of state for a week & during this time i visited the hospital & used their outlet in the actual rm & while at the airport i used an outlet that was also orange in color. Do you think the wattage was too high & damaged my battery life ?

this has happened before basically the same situations & after about a few days my battery was back to usual ( holding the charge as it was suppose to )

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Usually (in the US) an orange or red outlet means that the outlet will still have power if there's a power failure (it comes from an uninterruptible power supply).

Since the power line voltage is nominally 100 Volts, and the charger can handle up to nominally 240 Volts, the voltage at the outlet can't be "too high". Even if it were 125 Volts (about the highest you'll find in the US), the charger will still put out the 5 Volts the phone needs.

The Wattage? That's what's available at the outlet, not what the charger draws. It's like having too much water in the reservoir when you're drinking out of it through a straw. Even with a trillion gallons, you're still drinking at the rate you set. The charger determines how much current it draws, the outlet only sets the maximum it can draw.

If you waited until the battery was almost dead while traveling, that could explain the problem. (And it'll also explain why the battery fails sooner than it should, when it does. Read The Care and Feeding of Lithium Polymer Batteries. 50% is the ideal charge point - 40% is the absolute minimum unless not dialing 911 will cost your life.)