I recently (3 or 4 days ago) dropped my phone, it worked fine after up until a few hours ago. It started flickering black, purple, and mainly green, even though the phone worked perfectly (with the obvious screen problem. When I googled it, I was told to take my batter out, and to replace it ten minutes after. I did and it no longer flickers. But instead, the phone screen preforms properly in way of color and light, but the screen no longer senses touch.
    I can't perform a factory reset because I haven't backed anything up and the touch doesn't work when I go into that screen. Is it a hardware problem or is it something else?
    04-16-2015 01:09 PM
    It could be a loose or broken connector or a bad digitizer. The odds of it being a software problem are VERY small, so small that I don't think any shop would even consider it a possibility. (The first thing I'd do, if I were still in business, is check the connector, then if that's okay, plug in another screen assembly. If that fixed it, it would be your choice of a new screen or a new digitizer. Since replacing the digitizer takes so much labor, the price wouldn't be much different.)
    04-16-2015 02:04 PM