Can you transfer an app from a Galaxy Tab 2 to a Galaxy Tab 3?

A

AC Question

The app I want to transfer from the Tab 2 to the Tab 3 is no longer available in the Google Play Store. The app is for playing music backing tracks in a pro situation. I need a music player app that stops after each tune and can be programmed to handle many different playlists that I need depending on the venue I am playing in. I can't seem to find anything out there that does what I need and as I said, the one I use on my Tab 2 is no longer available. Can I transfer the Tab 2 app to the Tab 3?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Install App Backup & Restore on the 2. Back up the app you want to transfer. Look in the App_Backup_Restore folder for the .apk file for the app. (If you've only backed up one app there should be only one file.) Copy that file to the 3 - you can use an SD card, or copy from the 2 to a computer, then from the computer to the 3, or use an app like WiFi File Transfer to transfer between them directly. Tap the file (use My Files to find it) and it'll run the 3's installer and install the app (assuming that it'll run on the 3 - not all apps run on all devices).