I have a Nexus 3 or 4 (not sure) and is on it's last legs.
    Screen is cracked & it will not come up on a pc (it does get a charge)
    I want to back up the contacts to my gmail.

Any ideas?
    04-16-2015 04:04 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! There was no Nexus 3. If it has a glass back, it's a Nexus 4.

Are you able to power the phone on? Do you feel it vibrate or hear any sound? If it's completely dead, you won't be able to pull any data from the phone. But considering that it's a Nexus device, your contacts were most likely associated with your Google account, right? If so, they should have synced automatically with your Google account in the cloud. I don't think there's a Phone account on the Nexus 4 (which would only save locally, and not sync anywhere). Go to your Google Contacts on the web, and see if your contacts are there.
    Crashdamage and Tony Pabla like this.
    04-16-2015 04:58 PM
    Hi. It's a Nexus S,
    It does work, but its playing up real badly, I can't see the contacts in my gmail a/c.
    It says low memory to, so I can't even re install whatsapp, but I do have sufficient memory.
    I have manged to back up contacts as a vcf file, thru the export feature to what says is the other memory , but I can't see a way of exporting the vcf of the phone via email.

Any idea how I can see what I have on the other memory? I have a S4 to, which allows me to look at both phone & SD card memory separately, but can't find the "my files" folder on the Nexus.
    Any help would be great!
    04-16-2015 08:02 PM
    What happens when you connect the phone to your computer via USB? Can you use Windows Explorer to find that .vcf file?
    04-16-2015 11:15 PM
    It dont read the phone.
    Tried on 2 seprate machines. It does take a charge from the pc, but can't be accessed as it don't show up under My Computer
    04-17-2015 11:02 AM
    When you connect, do you see a USB connection notification? If so, swipe down the notification panel and tap it, and make sure it's set to MTP.

Also, make sure you have the proper USB driver installed: Download Center: Download Software, Firmware, Drivers & Manuals | Samsung
    04-17-2015 12:21 PM