Why do some files loaded on my LG MS395 external sd disappear?

A

AC Question

why do some files loaded on my lg ms395 external sd disappear?

why do some files loaded on my lg ms395 external sd disappear and others dont? is there a total number of files, maximum usable memory, length of file name or what. Doesnt matter if i load it on pc and move the card to phone, load from pc to phone via USB or use built in file manager?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: why do some files loaded on my lg ms395 external sd disappear?

The only limitations are file size (4GB in a FAT32 formatted card, larger than probably any existing file in an exFAT formatted card (it's in the petabyte area, IIRC) and the total amount of space. But the files won't copy to the card if they're larger than 4GB and it's formatted as FAT32, or if there isn't sufficient space.

What you're describing sounds like some strange setup of a counterfeit card. Usually all files disappear once you exceed the actual size of the memory chip (as in a 4GB card programmed to say it's a 32GB card - put more than 4GB on it and everything is gone).

ilustrus3

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
The files that disappear are various types and sizes: PDF's smaller then 1 meg, mp3's less than 10 meg... In some cases the folder still exists but is emptied after copying, sometimes the folder and contents disappear... It happens with all SD cards tried. Concerned with defective equip I warranty exchanged this phone yesterday and it still happens.
I have an LG F60 MS395.

ilustrus3

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site

The files that disappear are various types and sizes: PDF's smaller then 1 meg, mp3's less than 10 meg... In some cases the folder still exists but is emptied after copying, sometimes the folder and contents disappear... It happens with all SD cards tried. Concerned with defective equip I warranty exchanged this phone yesterday and it still happens.
I have an LG F60 MS395.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

Have you tried putting the card into a card reader and transferring files to it while it's plugged into a PC? Then, maybe ejecting it, plugging it back in and see if they're still there? Having 2 phones with the same strange problem is rare. Having a defective SD card isn't.