Where can I change the folder look back to the way it was before the new lollipop upgrade?

A

AC Question

Before the lollipop upgrade, my app folders looked much better than they do now. I can't find where to change the look, can someone help?

Fedginator

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
You have to install a third party launcher. You can normally copy your configuration over from the default launcher and with some (nova or apex) you can Pretty much make it the same as the default

Posted via the Android Central App

KnittedDoubloons

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
What do third-party launchers do, and does Nova pose any security risks? I've never had to install anything like that before, but the appearance changes in Lollipop have given me a shattering headache since my update this morning. Those folders are a big part of that, so I'm looking for a solution. Is Nova safe, and what does it do?

Thanks!

Android 5.0.1
Samsung-SGH-I337
Galaxy S4

KnittedDoubloons

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
Thank you! I've now played around with Nova, so I'm a lot more comfortable with it and it really does look pretty good. Sadly, it seems I have to pay $4 for Nova Prime if I want to have folders. I don't think I want to pay for an app just because Android's developers have bad design sense.

Are there any launchers that allow me to create folders and use air gestures without having to upgrade to the paid version of the launcher? Thanks!!

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
You can change your folders in the homescreen with the free version. Just tap & hold on it, select edit, tap on the icon and change it from an icon pack or even a pic from your gallery. You can also change the background colour and transparency in the Nova settings.

With the paid version you can add folders in your apps drawer. Not sure which folders you mentioned.

And yes, gestures only with Nova Prime.

KnittedDoubloons

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
I wanted to set up the folders in the app drawer. Looks like I'm going to need to pay, but I really dislike the idea of it. My friend suggested Google Opinion Rewards as a means of getting Play store credit. That should take some of the sting away ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma