So I just recently rooted my HTC One M7 and now I want to get S-OFF. I have tried this whole thing before but I never got it to work. I've been more close now than any other time, but this is what I get:

"unfortunately this isn't going to work out with your configuration. you have 2 options: 1.) flash an unsecure kernel that's compatible with your ROM and retry rumrunner (preferred and most reliable method). 2.) flash a different rom. NOTE: No amount of messing around with su binaries and apk's is going to fix thi s issue for you!!!. Better luck next time!!!!bye Press ENTER to exit"

I'd just like to admit that I'm no expert on any of this stuff. I just follow instructions from guides and videos and I'm familiar with the phone enough to follow them easily.

Has anyone here had this error? I know it tells me what to do, but I don't want to go through the trouble of installing a custom ROM to fix the problem and finding out that it still doesn't work. Also, I don't know how to flash an unsecure kernel (though I could probably easily look it up). Is there a more simple solution to this? Thanks.
    04-17-2015 08:23 AM
    Welcome to the forums. The downside is this: In order to flash a new ROM, you need to be S-Off. This may have been put in place by HTC to try to cut off rooting/flashing ROMs.

To flash a different kernel....I am not sure if you need to be S-Off or not, but that can be done in a custom recovery, like TWRP.
    04-17-2015 09:46 AM