I installed 5.1 onto my Nexus 4 incorrectly, should I get a new phone?

A

AC Question

A few days ago I flashed Android 5.1.0 (LMY47O) "occam" version from Google's developer website using factory images, I did it like I would any regular ROM by putting the file onto my phone, booting in recovery mode (I was using TWRP at the time and an older version of Cyanogen) and flashing that file along with a version of GAPPS onto my phone. It worked at first, but...

I realize now that I must have installed it incorrectly because I skipped the steps of installing SDK and using CMD to flash it in a different manner. Now, my Nexus 4 is not being recognized on any computer - I've used adb devices on my computers CMD, installed the LG E960 drivers and have used 3 different computers to no avail.
Developer options and USB debugging are on of course, and I have reset my device multiple times only to be greeted by the same issue. My build number is aosp_mako-userdebug 5.1 LMY47I eng.eagleeyetom.20150326.014030 test-keys.

Breakdown: I installed Lollipop 5.1 incorrectly and too early (imo) onto my Nexus 4 and it is now not being recognized by any computer or in device manager. What should I do? Should I throw my Nexus 4 out and get a new phone?

Caymiss

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
I can load into fastboot mode, secure boot is enabled and my lock state is unlocked. My Nexus is plugged in and charging - it's not letting me issue commands to it in CMD though, it just says <waiting for device>. I also used the Nexus Root Toolkit v.2.0.5 in both fastboot and with my phone in standby, and it says "ADB device was not found". Thank you for your patience and help, I really think I've dug my own grave here..

EDIT: When my device is plugged in with the microusb it says it's charging, I get no prompt from any computer though.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I can load into fastboot mode, secure boot is enabled and my lock state is unlocked. My Nexus is plugged in and charging - it's not letting me issue commands to it in CMD though, it just says <waiting for device>. I also used the Nexus Root Toolkit v.2.0.5 in both fastboot and with my phone in standby, and it says "ADB device was not found". Thank you for your patience and help, I really think I've dug my own grave here..

EDIT: When my device is plugged in with the microusb it says it's charging, I get no prompt from any computer though.
Make sure you cd into the right directory with you adb/fast boot tools. Then do a fast boot devices command to see if the computer sees the device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital