Why does the time on my phone jump ahead 7 hours when the screen turns off?

A

AC Question

I have a Verizon LG G2 and have a strange problem. When my screen times out or I turn it off, the time in my phone jumps ahead 7 hours exactly. Once I wake the screen the time corrects itself within 5-20 seconds but the instant I the screen goes dark it jumps ahead again. This of course messes up quiet time, alarms, appt reminders etc. It only happens at home, as soon as I get a couple miles from my house and connect to another tower the issue resolves, and as soon as I get within a 1/2 mile or so of home it resumes. Because it is fixed when not at home I want to blame the tower, but other members of my family with various Verizon phones(Moto X and a flip phone) have no such issues. I have tried removing apps, soft resets, factory data resets, new SIM card all to no avail. If it's the phone, why does it work everywhere except home? If it's the tower why is nobody else having a problem? Verizon has so far been unable to fix the problem which I reported to them on Wednesday.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you always have wi-fi on? Could there be a problem with your router's time, and the phone is taking the time from the router initially?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol